Decoding the Author

Monday, July 25, 2016

LIVE UNDER GOD'S TIMETABLE



If you know me personally and  my walk with Christ, you know that I pray for my family's salvation more than anything else. God knows how much I pray for my family to have an encounter and  personal relationship with Christ. Before I had my encounter with Jesus, my greatest fear was to lose my parents. So I always prayed to God to let me leave this physical life before my parents. And now, my greatest fear would be leaving this flesh without the assurance of meeting my family in heaven. So I told God I will be okay if He'll take my parents before me, as long as I am assured of their spot in heaven. But I totally rebuked the latter.. everyone has to be fruitful and experience the life here on earth with Jesus. Carry our own cross here so it will be more worth it when Jesus finally welcomed us in heaven.


The bible clearly teaches us that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Although I know my family believes in Jesus, there's more deeper meaning of the gospel. It is acknowledging what He did on the cross and that He died for our sins and that we deserve to suffer the pain He received on earth. Jesus died to rescue us from hell because humans are naturally bound to hell. As Romans 6:23 said, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through His son Christ Jesus". Notice that the SIN is in singular, meaning commiting one sin is enough for us to be acquitted in hell. But God's love for the people changes everything, that's when  He sent His son as His sacrificial lamb for us to have a connection with Him. That regardless of how we'll react to that, He still gave Him. God knows not all the people (not even half of the whole population He created) will accept Jesus' sacrifice, that's how loving our God is.


Back to the topic. Laat July 10, 2016, I finally be able to invite my parents at chruch, bonus pa 'coz we attended at CCF Main. It was actually a perfect timing because we have a show in Araneta and my parents were excited to see Engelbert Humperdinck that night so you can call that a set up. As soon as I got details for the show I asked God why He placed it on Sunday, which is a Lord's day for me and a sabbath day (kidding! Everyday is a sabbath day for me haha). But God didn't let us work on that project so I will be able to attend sunday service and all my errands in life. I actually planned to attend the 3pm service but time did not allow me. I had to drive my brother, Ate Maeh and Amithi all the way to the airport because he went back to Malaysia that day. Then I arrived home at 2pm so no chance at all. 



We left home at around 4:30pm as far as I can remember so we could catch up the last service. Then that's the time I revealed to my parents that we'll attend church together first before going to Araneta. Praise God we were avle to make it before the preaching started but we missed the praise and worship part. The service runned perfectly fine and Pastor Bong went his usual Kenkoy self but I had this worries like I hope Pastor Bong won't mention anything against other beliefs. There were parts but thankfully my parents did not take it against their beliefs. 



Clock hits 7pm and my phone rang. I did not answer it but I knew it was my Tita who's already waiting at Araneta. Super sorry about that Tita, I don't want any distractions during Sunday services.hehe! When she couldn't contacted me, she then called my parents. Daddy answered and told me that the show is at 7pm. I told them to relax because it will start at 8pm. They insisted that it's 7pm so I was bothered of it's really at 7. But I did not mind them I focused on the message. But Tita kept on calling and my parents were pressuring me to leave the church. Daddy got pissed with the calls so he left the worship hall para mapressure na ri  ako umalis. That time I was really really disapointed I asked the Lord if He doesn't want my parents to be a christian. A lot of questions running through my mind.


Mommy stayed for a good 20mins but she also left the hall. That time I was crying to God. Why did He allowed my parents to attend a christian service if He won't let us enjoy His message. I believe it was the perfect timing for them to finally accept Jesus in their lives as their Lord and Saviour. I was really disapointed because it was really a chance of a lifetime for me knowing my parents who's so into their religious culture. Felt that my plans earlier was already out of my control. I was so frustrated of what is happening so I wasn't able to hear what Pastor Bong was saying. Then a voice spoke to my mind saying "Honor your parents first". Then I confirmed to God if it was Him or maybe satan just don't want me to finish the service. The verse kept repeating on my mind. Then when I got the chance to focus again on the service, Pastor Bong suddenly said "Work on God's timetable!". Then I realized "Oo nga. This won't end here! God is not finished on my parents". So I left the worship hall stomping my feet all the way down to the escalator. But God convicted me saying "Umayos ka. Show them what a christian is!". So I fixed my self and tried get back to my normal self.



As we drove all the way to Araneta, I kept on questioning God's plan. I asked Him to give me anything possitive effect at least to my parents because everything that happend earlier was messed up in my point of view. I was really upset I didn't understand God. Then when we're close to Araneta, my mom suddenly opened "Maganda sana yung message kanina, sayang! Ang galing pa nung Pastor mag message...". She even asked Pastor Bong's name. I felt very much relieved when I heard Mommy said that. I thanked God for His immediate answer to all my questions! Then we had a good conversation about christianity for the rest of the travel. That time, there's no division of faith between us. Which is a first! I really felt God worked that night and I even checked my heart. I had a grumbling heart that night that made me blind with God's plans. I forgot to look up to Him I was so focused on my plans even when things are already messing up.




And then we arrived at Araneta at 7:45pm and met my relatives waiting there. It's true! The show started at 7pm and we're 45mins late! Serry Tito and Titas. Usually concerts starts at 8pm so I didn't informed my self to recheck the schedule. Everyone's enjoying the show except for me and my litol cousin, Jossane. So we just roam around and find foods! Too young for Engelbert sesh! 😊



The show ended at 9pm and my everyone in the family was ranting it was bitin. Sorry guys for being late. I told them we only missed 2 songs and his setlist was only less than 20. But we actually missed 5 of his song performances hehe! The concert ended and I had a little picture taking with Mommy, I dunno where my Daddy is because he and my tito to look for a good seat for a better view. Aging problems!haha.. 




after that we gathered outside the coliseum and met with my other cousins who went to watch a movie. They're only their to accompany their parents. Things changed we're the one who are taking care and looking out for our parents while they watch concerts.haha!







So there... that was my embarasing attitude of faith on God. But God is so gracious He will never take it against us when we doubt His plans nor we complain a lot to Him. Instead, He reveals to us everything we need to learn for us to trust Him fully. I know He is not yet finished. If it is possible for Him to bring my parents at church - which I never really imagined. It will be more easier for Him to touch our whole houshold's heart to have a personal relationship with Him. My plans may fail but His plans never will (refer to Proverbs 19:21) .If He was able to touch my heart and let me surrender my life to Him when I was too stubborn and full of pride, it will be more easier for Him when it comes to my family because I am more stuborn and hard than them. What is important was my parents were fed with God's Word that night. His Words has power and what He planted in my parents will grow in His time.


So work according to His plans for you. If anything happens out of our control, that's the best time you can hand everything to God. Isn't it great that whenever you messed up, someone will eventually fix it while you can chill and be relaxed? Let God work in our lives, don't push too much of your plans for your self. Aim to live to know God not only to reach every of our goals. The world thought us to finish the goal the earlier the better. But God is teaching us to finish it with Him so He can show us His glory. It may take us long, but it will be all worth it. Because He promised it! 😊



IN ALL THINGS, 
GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!







No comments:

Post a Comment