Decoding the Author

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

GLC GRADUATION




Taking myself back to September last year, I decided to enroll and be equiped in Global Leadership Training at our local church, CCF Imus. GLC is like a bible class equiping students to become more like Christ (Ephisians 5:1-2) and encourages you to do the greatest calling of the Lord, to make disciples who will also make disciples (Matthew 28:19). This step was one of the wisest decisions I did for myself. Knowing myself being a dork and anti-social, I have learned not just about the bible but also being in an island socializing with people who also hungers for God. I got to speak in front of my fellow students and be able to share thoughts to different kinds of people - which I hated to do in school. And when I say different kinds, it means different ages!haha. I was used to be comfortable sharing my stories and hearing from others with people my age or younger than me. 


 I wasn't able to have my graduation pictorial on the scheduled time because I had a meeting to attend at Araneta. I also missed our graduation rehersal week before graduation so I only got my toga 3 days before the graduation day. Not sure if I'm great with timing but it was also the scheduled day for the graduating students to shoot our this year's theme video, Pass It On. Luckily, we we're only 6 out of 120 graduating students attended that night. Talk about timing, ey! I was with Ate Bing, Reynalyn, Ate Beng, Marc and Jess. so basically, we did the dancing and lip sync during the shoot! Woooh! Stone me to death I won't fight back just please don't torture me with my own dancing skills! And did I mentioned that they blocked me at the center? Anyhoo, judge my dancing skills all you want, I did every move all for the glory of God!haha. I just pray that they won't ever play it for the promo for GLC class during Sunday worship service.






So last 9th of July, we finally had our graduation rights. All each other student's works and efforts had paid off. I wasn't informed that our call time was at 8am, so I woke up at 8:30am and our graduation was at 9am. I managed to leave the house at exactly 9am. Partida nakapag-blower at plantsa na ako ng herr ko!haha. I arrived there with my batchmates already in lined for the march. Then Ate Anne, one of the very accomodating staff of GLC class, helped me to put on my toga. She told me "Naku kung di lang kita artista!", she was referring to the Pass It On video we shot. She even asked me if I invited my discipler, Ate Tina. I told her I did not 'coz I don't want to bother Ate's time with her mommy duties and other life errands. 


The program strated and we had our entourage at 9:30am siguro. I don't know what to feel that time, I thought it will be a regular feeling but it feels different. First time to feel so much confidence upon entering CCF Imus' worship hall. As the graduation march song plays, all the graduates entered the hall as if God had welcomed us into the next level of our spiritual walk. Feels surreal! I wanted to snapchat the moment but I decided not to, not going to ruin my official photos with me holding a phone and being eaten by the system of social media. 





So we started the program with an opening prayer led by Pastor Fred Montellibano. Then they also played a video with all CCF South Luzon instructors dancing, pero Just Dance lang. Pwede naman palang iedit nalang, sana ganhn nalang pinagawa samin sa Pass It On video, ugh.haha! Everyone enjoyed the video of our Pastors and instructors. Then Pastor Nett had his message. It was very touching message. He talked about choosing to join the spiritual war instead of being a complacent christian. We are under attacked. We won't lose our salvation if we stayed standing on our spiritual feet but we will lose the opportunity to be in a battle in God's side. As I listened to the message, I saw Jomyr, who was seated beside me, talking to his mom or Ate Mich, his girlfriend who also is my dgroup sister, on the phone. I heard they're already at the guests area then I though that he was blessed he has his support and will be able to witness his achievements. I also got feeling of envy with Marc, my fellow GLC 2 classmate and also Pastor Nett's son, when he went on the stage. His parents were the loudest clap and they even shouted! Everyone has their own support. Then I thought that I should've invited my parents or Ate Tina or my brother, who happened to be on his vacation leave in the country. But I never wanted to waste someone else's time for my sake so I shoved that thought. 


After Pastor Nett's message, the next was the presentation of the graduates. Our class, GLC 2 from Imus, was the first to be presented and went on the stage to receive our diplomas.





And that was my awkward self trying to get everything straight (Thank you Kuya Stan for this!) and fighting the urge not to slip as my knee shakes. I have never overcomed stage frights! 



Then as we waited for the whole batch to be presented, I got bored I wanted to go to the restroom to stretch my sleepy flesh. Then I heard my classmate, Ate Shila mentioned to our other seatmates my discipler's name, "Si Tina, Tina Yu". I laughed at first because it sounded TINAYO, then when I saw where they're pointing, I saw my discipler talking to Pastor Fred few chairs away from us! I actually saw someone taking picture pointing to the graduates at the place where she's seated minutes before I discovered she was there but I shifted my gaze 'coz I don't want to photobomb who ever it is taking that picture, turned out it was her pala! So I waited for her to finish talking to Pastor Fred and his wife so I could say hi. That moment, naiiyak ako!hahaha. I wasn't the type of a person who cries with simple or even big gestures but I was really moved as I saw my discipler on my graduation day! I thought my achievement was also her achievement, because she was the one who encourage us to enroll in GLC and to inspire us to walk towards Christ. Next to God, I owe Ate Tina bigtime! Her life and spiritual walk inspires me to love God more, serve God more and become dependent on God more. She is a servant leader to us, her disciples. She doesn't have to be on our graduation day but she managed to come (too bad Ate May Anne wasn't able to attend our graduation). The whole presentation of graduates I was just thanking God for giving me His most supportive discipler He could offer to anyone! 




The next was presentation of awards. Again, I was back at my bored self and was just looking forward for the buffet. I wasn't expecting anything from that part of the program because I never desired to excel in school, what more in GLC. But I honestly wanted to receive an award, if ever they recognize their student who has the most number of lates.haha! And I was shocked when they mentioned my name for an Ignite Award! This was given to the students who joined Christ's movement of making disciples. So I went on stage twice! Yass!! When I went off the stage, I was congratulated by Ate Anne and Kuya Eric who's sittingat the side area. Then Ate Tina met me at the back to congratulate me and gave me a congratulatory hug! She also handed me a gift. Tell me my discipler isn't the best? Then I went back to my seat and get back to my boring self again.


Photo grab from Ate Tina's IG


 After that, Kuya Stan shared his testimony on stage. Like all of us on the congregation, he was a sinner before justified by the blood of Jesus. He even shared the lovestory of him and Ate Joan,hihi! 





And then, we had our commitment activity. The lights were off and the chain of glowing stick we sticked together were only present in the dark. Of course that was just a metaphor meron ding ibang light pero basta ganun yung epek! Pastor Nett led the prayer and then we bid our commitment to God. And when the lights were on, ate tina approached me to say that she will be leaving and of course picture taking will never be absent in our dgroup's relationship.haha! Then the program has ended and each class had our batch photo op with GLC instructors and staffs. 


After that, the much awaited lunch time! I joined my fellow women classmates on the table instead of joining the table with the graduates from single ministry. They're all guys there so I chose to be with Ate Bing and friends!hahaha. After I eat, I decided to go to Mr. Choi to have my retouch from all that happened. Then when I got back, Pass It On video was already playing! I got to miss my lip sync part but that was a relief. Good thing I seated with Ate Bing, Ate Beng and Reynalyn we were just laughing with our shamefulness. After everything, I had a little photo op with one of my favorite classmate and friend in CCF, Ate Bing. God knows how much I love Ate Bing! She's like a little kid who giggles all the time. And I really admire her love for the Lord every time we had our break out group or whenever she recites during class. She really has a soft spot in my heart! Plus she often cook for the class once or twice a month! Cheers, Ate Bing!




And then photos with fellow single brothers. Wait that sounds weird?haha! Basta we're from singles ministry kasi.




After the graduation I spent my time at the mall and with my family 'coz my brother is  going back to Malaysia the next day. 



So that was it! All my achievements was all credit to God. It will never be me. 'Coz if it was all me, I wouldn't write about this and all those 8 months spent in GLC class will only be spent in my room, wasting my time with my narcissistic boring life! I can't for the next level of GLC! More than than, I can't wait for God to promote me in my spiritual walk. Hopefully, I would become a life shaper and dream releasers God His every child to be. I pray that I may able to use everything I learned and will learn to pass on the great message of God to other people so they may also become a life shapers to others, just like what my discipler did to me. God called everyone to be a leader, to be in His army. When I was little, I've always wanted to excel in life so I can inspire others just like how my favorite artists inspired me. Now, I wanted to excel in life so that people may see a great and faithful God who's in my life. To point everyone to Christ! And by God's grace, I can do that! (Philippians 4:13). All the praises and the glory belongs to God!





IN ALL THINGS,
GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!














No comments:

Post a Comment