Decoding the Author

Friday, July 8, 2016

My Best friend is now a Mom!

I found this entry as I scroll through my drafts. Casting my thoughts back to 4th of November 2015....


...........................



I actually don't know what to put as a title for this entry. 
I don't even know how to begin with. 


Last night I went out with my BFFs since high school (okay, let's make it since elementary since they exist 90% of my lifetime. Mejo nakakasawa na nga mga mukha nila eh haha!), Rowena and Nicole, for dinner. We went first on a bakeshop to order a cake that they will give to Margaret's (our high school friend) daughter, Kairi, as a present. It's her first birthday and dedication as well. We're all Ninangs by the way but up to now I haven't bought presents for her yet.


So yeah, after they ordered their chosen cake, we went to this cafe I discovered few months ago (which I forgot the name) located somewhere in Molino. It was a nice and cozy cafe. They also have some indoor games for their customers to play with. They serve reasonable and different variety of meals. But their service was bad. It was my first time to visit a cafe na nauna pa yung food sa drinks. Took them 30mins to prepare the dishes we ordered and an hour for our drinks! I ordered an iced mocha and my friends ordered frappes (was that that difficult to make that it took them an hour to finishUgh.


 Anyhoo, I'm not here to write up a review on this cafe we visited. So let's get back to the topic, shall we?


Days before that, RM texted me that she needs to talk to me and Nicole ASAP. I got a bit nervous but I manage to joke and replied to her that if it's about the cake they plan to give to Kairi, hindi ako kasama sa ambagan!haha. Then she replied na it's not about that. I got bothered because the word "ASAP" was in all caps. Then I repied "OMG, don't tell me preggy ka!haha". Of course I was kidding that time. And I have a high expectation with my best friend when it comes to that. I called her at 1 in the morning to check how serious it was but she didn't answer (she  never answers whenever we calls her phone. pff). I don't have a clue that time so I thought she might just tripping around or something. I told Nicole about that. We both were joking that she might be really pregnant. So we made sure to free our week for RM. 


We were having fun catching up at the cafe and we seldom do this so we almost shout whenever we're talking. You know, yung mga friends na akala mo ilang decades di nagkita sa super ka-oa magkwentuhan! We're always like that. I really really love eating outside with my two favorite friends in the world. I can actually do this for a lifetime.haha!



While getting all the time in the world talking and laughing, I remembered the reason why we were there. So I asked RM about the text message she sent me a week ago. She abruptly changed face and told me "Yung hula mo sa text". I was like....




Nicole, being the dork one, was busy with her face in the mirror and wasn't listening to what we were talking about. I hit her and told her to listen. This girl is really out of the world creature! She got back into her senses and she doesn't seemed shocked. All she had to say was "OH!?". Then we asked her about how did it happen, what did Roi (her boyfriend) said, etsetera, etsetera. Good thing Roi's family immediately accepted it and his parents were excited to have their first grandchild.That was a relief in a way, at least for me. 


I don't know what to say to make her feel better with the situation. I was really shocked. My best friend since I can't remember, is going to have her own baby now. I was just listening to them while Nicole asks questions to RM. I don't know what to ask. It feels unreal. Ang tanging nasasabi ko lang was "Di pa naman tayo sure diba?". Paulit-ulit. And paulit-ulit niya ding sinasagot sakin na "Feeling ko sure na eh". 


Up to now it's still feels surreal. I always run to her for problems because I know she's the perfect person who will tell me all the bullshits I did wrong but won't hurt my feelings. She's my reflector. She knows exactly how to tell me things that comforts me. And now I can't even find words to give it back to her.



PS: I wrote this the day after I went out with my friends. But since this is a sensitive topic (I mean, not everyone knows it yet), I'll just keep it on my drafts until everything's all fine. 


...........................









So fast forward to today, 8th of June 2016, My best friend finally gave birth to a healthy and super cute baby boy named Ram Mathew (but we call her Rogelio Maniego). As she promised us, she texted us by the time she was rushed to the hospital dawn of June 05. At last! The baby both Nicole and I were waiting is coming! We were both impatient to see Baby Rogelio. 



So Nicole and I visited her at MCI on a Sunday night. We were both clueless if Rogelio was already there so we went ahead narin. I waited for Nicole for hours while she forgot and enjoyed strolling around somewhere, pffff! I got to the hospital first and saw Roi at the parking lot. I was so excited I forgot to congratulate him for being a Daddy!haha. 


When we got to RM's room, I can't explain my excitement. She was there lying on her bed and my gaze intently turned to baby Rogelio! RM's in pain that time but I was so focused at Rogelio. Took a lot of pictures of him. Sayang lang I forgot to take my slr with me so I could take a nice shot of him. Rogelio is super precious, he brought back to me the feeling when I first laid my eyes on Amithi. Babies looks so fragile so you wanted to protect them in any way possible. You look at them, they may look tiny and weak, but when you come to think of it, they will grow up stronger than you. Wiser than every decisions you've made because you'll make sure that you will give everything to teach them well.




Feels like it was last month since the revelation. I know everything was hard for RM for the first couple of months. I even said stupid cliche things to her before, 'coz I swear! Hindi ako kasing galing niya magadvice. I felt bad for myself before 'coz I couldn't say any words that would comfort her. I actually felt that I failed my role as a bestfriend to her. But now every unclear things that puzzled her before immediately became vibrant as she gave birth to Rogelio. 


God is very faithful. We may fail Him but His rescue never will. We may take our own turns, but God is gracious He will still let us end up in His will. I praise the Lord for the life He gave to Rogelio. Who cares if it was unplanned. God planned him and it all that matters.








IN ALL THINGS, GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!

No comments:

Post a Comment