Decoding the Author

Sunday, July 10, 2016

CHIC CONFERENCE

I attended a Women 2 Women conference at our local satellite church, CCF Imus, last June 18, 2016. In this conference, speakers discused how a Christian women should be identified and be confidently beautiful with a heart of Christ. 



The seminar runs from 8am to 5pm. It was super fun! We sang our worship to the Lord in every start of the sessions. They also had celebrity guest who also attends in CCF to share their testimonies how Jesus changed their lives. Venus Raj, Patricia Javier and Monique Ong talked about the grateness of the Lord. I thought those 3 celebrities were the only one who will talk, but they're just their to talk for a couple of minutes. Our church turned into an elegant-like ball. Everything was amazeballs! Praise The Lord for that!

 Also our pastors' wife was part of the talks. One of my favorite was Ms. Shirley Pizarro (wife of the pastor from CCF Batangas) and Ms. Monique Ong. 

I learned a lot from there talk. Ms. Shirley talked about the life of our tongue. Truly! Because most of the women on the congregation relate to it. From simple gossip to releasing the words from our mouth. I remember she asked, "Have you ever seen a woman who's so beautiful but when she talks, her physical appearance fades?" versus "A woman who's not that attractive but when she release life from her mouth, everything in her becomes attractive". I thought of that, I am in the middle of the described woman - an ugly one who doesn't release life with my mouth. Ouch! So I have decided to start practicing to be a gentle woman God designed me. To reease life and love using my words. To speak every truth in life (see verse   ). 



And then my next favorite was Monique's talk. She's actually the one I'm most excited among the speakers. She talked about fashion and beauty. At first I was a little bit bored because I want to hear about Jesus. But at the end of her talk, she shared her testimony. I was extremely blessed by the way she delivered and shared how Jesus transformed her life. She grew up on a broken family. She also was an adulterer. Long story short, she was invited by her sister to attend a dgroup and her discipler told her on Day 1, that she is commiting sin against God. And then by that very moment, she received Jesus as her Lord and Saviour. And that's how she submitted to the Lord's love. I got really interested in her I even added her on facebook and she accepted my request. And then I was curious enough she's friends with Joy Tanchi - Mendoza, which was my life peg and a person I look up to when it comes to godly woman.  So I stalked them, you know naman my expertise. Ehem! So I discovered that the one Moniqu's talking about was Joy, her discipler! I want to talk about more of them but I'll write it nalang in some other post.


So yeah, the conference had 5 sessions. I was also blessed by Venus Raj. I am now her fan! She only shared her testimony for only 15mins on the first part of the whole program but she stayed the whole conference! She doesn't have too, right! But she cleared her day not just to share her stories but also to learn from other people's story. I really admired her for that! Ate May Anne also told us na nakasabay niya sa CR si Venus and nag-igib din siya ng sarili niyang timba ('coz ladies' toilet' water supply that time was unavailable so everyone had to do that). I even had experienced her humbleness. During our break out questions, I was leading our group and we were sitting at the side of the hall. I think she's going to the admin office that time but I was blocking her way. By the time I was discussing to our group, I saw her walking towards us so I got distracted and shoved my chair so she could pass, then she smiled at me and tapped my shoulder 3 times as if telling me "Don't bother, keep on discusing in your group". She's not just a humble person but you can see the light of Jesus refelcting on her. I wish I have that kind of aura to other people too.


Patricia Javier talked longer than Venus Raj but she had to go after her talk because she had another commitment that day. I stalked her too and she really had hosting event in Tagaytay that day. She's funny and I was inspired by her stories too. And hey! I saw her at The Fort the next day after we attended sunday worship at CCF Main in Ortigas. I wanted to say hi and make papansin and tell her I was in the conference yesterday but I did not bother.





After the conference, my friends and I went fangirling! We had photo op with Venus and Monique and they are so accomodating. And then we went straight to Ate Shy's place and went videoke all night! Here's us, CCF Imus' hidden and never will be discovered songers!





IN ALL THINGS,
GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!







No comments:

Post a Comment