Decoding the Author

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The One That Got Away


Watched Ex with Benefits last Wednesdy at Robinson's Las Pinas with my Bestfriend, Rowena (okay she'll hate me for calling her her real name if she happens to read this. Ha!) and Joseph (not used to call him Joseph, i call him Jeni all the time). We decided to catch the show on it's last full show then went to BF to hunt some good foods. Unfortunately, we ended up at Uncle Moe's Shawarma which was a downer. Good thing we dropped by at this cute little Korean bakery, Mr. Park, who sells appetizing pastries. Not to mention they have a cozy and variety of affordable stuffs to choose from.



Uncle Moe's Shawarma with RM and Jeni


My shopping bag at Mr. Park's
(It only cost me about P300+ only. Is it pricey? Not, right? Please agree with me!)

Enough of that. This entry wasn't supposed to be about my unfortunate Buttered Rice experience at Uncle Moe's (long story! I refuse to share it because of my disappointment). I'm here to blog about the title itself, My One That Got Away. Ha!



Anyway, the movie was nice. It exceeded my expectation (though I never expected anything from the movie. I only went to see it because I needed social life!haha). Coleen was such an actress in the movie, I must say. I mean I've never seen her acting skills like that  before. RM and I rants how beautiful Coleen was in the film all through out the movie.


The movie circulates on how the character of Derek tries to win back his "one that got away". We all have that person in our lives. In my personal existence, at least. 


Not really sure what to write about those kind of persons, but it feels really unpleasant to have one, right? I know I have moved on to this person na, pero wala lang! Wala kasi akong maisip iblog in related sa current happenings ng buhay ko!haha




Anyways, I'll share nalang how I cope up and accepted the fact that that 'one who got away' will no longer be 'the one who'll stay'. (hirap isipin ng ira-rhyme ah!)


1. If it still hurts, so be it!

The more you keep on denying that the pain no longer exist, the more the healing period will last. Don't run over your feelings! Enjoy the pain. Hindi lahat nakakaranas ng heart breaks! Cease the moment. I-arte mo yan, girl.haha!  



2. It helps if you see him some time

I don't know. "Suicide acts" really works for me. Seriously. When I mean suicide, it meaans to check his social media or whereabouts sometimes. But please, not regularly. I don't know, it gives me peace kahit masakit

Don't deprive yourself. The more mo pinipigil yung urge na wag na siyang isipin, the more ka hindi makakamove-on. Moving on should comes naturally. For me kasi, pag matagal mo siyang di nakita and nasanay ka na na wala na talaga, you'll thought na nakamove-on ka na. But when you see him again, Boom! The pain from the first day of your heartache  strikes again. That sucks! Really.


3. Don't let yourself hate him. 
Just don't. You're just giving yourself a baggage that will affect on your next relationship.

4. Be the best version of yourself

After all the dramas and pain, don't let yourself dwell on that era for quite long. Get yourself back! Brush off all those negativity. 



5. God is preparing His best person for you
Believe me on this kahit wag na dun sa first four i have mentioned! God really is preparing someone for you! We just need to let Him work on ourselves first before meeting that BEST and vice versa. All the heartaches will all be worth it.

The person I considered as my 'one that got away' was within the circle of my friends so it was really impossible to avoid him. It actually helped me to regain my relationship with him as a friend and opened my eyes na 'Aay, he's not the type pala that God plan/designed for me?'.

God has his own design on His' followers relationship. Hindi sapat yung mahal niyo lang ang isa't isa. A perfect relationship consist of 3 personas. That is You, Your Partner and God. He should be leading you to God. As God designed men to be our spiritual leader. 

Often times I thought, "parang masyado namang mataas yung standards ko for a guy? How am I supposed to find a guy to just date, atleast if I'm always guarded by my standard?". But then I realized, if I lowered my standards, it will affect on how I see my God. I know my worth in God, I know He could give me what He knows I deserve. I am His princess and I am confident that He'll give me a prince. I can't just compromise what I know God could graciously bless me to some jerks out there who will love me more than our God. Won't cheapen my worth and time that is only reserve for my GB. 







And for those friends who knows me personally who happens to read this. No, you're thinking it wrong! Nakapag-move on na talaga ako. Please don't judge me! Di ba pwedeng magpaka love guru at ishare lang yung past thoughts ko for a moment?haha!






IN ALL THINGS,

GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!





No comments:

Post a Comment