Decoding the Author

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Week at IDDI


I started my internship last May 8, 2012. I only work for two days in one week (TTh) because I have  my summer class. Yep, good student peg for this summer!haha.



Let me first brief you about the company who put their trust on me (Naks! Akala mo employed na.haha!). As i've said before this blog, IDDI works with digital LCD ads nationwide. Chu chu chu...

Now back to my first day of being an intern. I arrived at the office exactly 9:00a.m. There, Sir Ralph, our Chief Artist (whatever you call that, basta siya yung pinaka mataas sa aming mga artist) waiting for me. Actually we're only 3 artist in the company. Me, Sir Ralph and MJ who applied for internship kaso hindi siya nakapagenroll, so hinire narin siya as an employee. Instant! Astig no! Ganun ka-bait ang boss namin :D With us is Cathy, I forgot her job description and has a sideline being our creative consultant!haha..

So yun nga, during my first hours, interview naman from Sir Ralph. He asked me what are my skills, my subjects in schools, my works (artworks), etc. The most favorite question he asked me was "Kaya mo bang pagsabayin pag naabsorb ka dito?". I mean, was that supposed to ask kahit chinacharot niya lang ako on a first day? Basta! Kakayanin ko if ever. Pero he asked me again last week if I can manage my time pag naabsorb na ko. Kukulangin kasi sila sa tao pag nagpasukan na. Eh si MJ studyante rin.

After some questions from Sir Ralph, we've waited for some parts of my computer. Sir Binggo asked me if I can get the cord or a part of the computer I am going to use near SM Megamall. But Sir Ralph told me to just wait there. I think it's 12nn na when that computer part arrived. Yey!! I can start my work now! Sir Ralph gave me my first task, 3 Rustan's Ad. After I finished the ad, he sent it to the client na and told me to check the ad on the 11th. Isn't that cool for the first day!?

We leave the office almost 7:00pm. I was supposed to leave 5:00pm because Sir Binggo gave me a schedule 9:00am-5:00pm. Pero ok lang! 10hours for my first day, mapupublish pa yung unang ad ko! All for God.

So that's the story of my first day as a trainee. I am supper inspired after that day. Felt like I am going to stick to this kind of job. Thank God for everything. If it wasn't because of him, this won't be perfect :D

IN ALL THINGS, GOD SHOULD BE GLORIFIED!

No comments:

Post a Comment