Decoding the Author

Friday, January 27, 2012


"Art is not equals to too much enjoyment. Art is equals to my time, my effort, my job and what I WILL make for LIVING."

I remember my Photography Instructor, Sir Jimmy Oblena, once said. If you became a Professional artist, you must give your bestest effort. Kasi pangalan mo yung binibuild mo, reputasyon mo. For example, kumuha ka ng project na mas mababa pa sa regular price na singil mo. Tendency is, you won't put your regular effort. Eh pano kung kinredit yung pangalan mo dun sa artwork na so-so lang? Tapos makikita ng mga dapat na clients mo na ganyan lang yung mga designs mo.

If your an artist because of the money "Aba'y putang ina, wag ka nang magtrabaho at magshift ka na" (That's how he really speaks, with a super funny intonation,ahaha!). You have to be in this business whole heartedly. 

I believe that its very difficult to stay in this business. Specially on MultiMedia Arts field. Because it has different fields. You can be in traditional or digital. Tapos sobra kung makapag evolve ang technology ngayon. Kaylangan mong sumabay. My friend, Benjie, only introduced me to this course. It sounded cool lang to me so I took it. I just chose it para lang makagraduate na ko. Pero nagandahan narin ako as time flies. Hoping that one day I could be a successful filmaker someday. Bahala na si Lord :)


IN ALL THINGS, GOD SHOULD BE GLORIFIED :D

No comments:

Post a Comment