Decoding the Author

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Kairi's 1st Birthday and Dedication 

Last November 7, 2015, me and my high school friends went to celebrate Kairi's (Margaret's daughter) first birthday and dedication. Dedication is Christian's version of Catholic's Baptism, FYI. Margaret's boyfriend, Nel, is a christian, and they've decided to do it on a christian rights. 


It was held at Valleyfield multipurpose hall, a few blocks from where they live. I was a bit upset with myself because I promised Margaret to help her with the invitations and some stuffs but work was asking me most of my time so I gave her the layouts I made few weeks before the event. Very sorry about that, Balots! Too bad she wasn't able to use my designs. Di bale, I can still sell it for my next client!haha



Day of the event. Saturday. I  woke up at 12nn, late than what I planned to wake up.  I have to get my nails done, trim my eyebrows, shave my armpit, etsetera etsetera. The party was suppose to start at 2pm and I only have two freakin hours to beautify myself which is very impossible for me. It usually takes me 2 hours to prepare myself on a normal day. Pero kung isasama ko pa yung pagpunta ng parlor para magpalinis ng kuko. Goodluck!!haha

So yeah, I went to the parlor at 12:30nn para magpalinis ng kuko. To my surprise pangatlo pa ako sa nakapila and they only have one manicurista!huhu. Whatever. Better arrive late than ugly is always my motto! Good thing their tv was tuned in on Eat Bulaga so I was able to watch and enjoy the waiting. I got home at 3pm and immediately texted Nicole if the party has already started. I told her magbibihis nalang ako but the truth is, maliligo palang talaga ako. Thank God they haven't started yet.

I arrived at the venue at 4:30pm. Dedication was already done and the clowns were already up for the show. Went straight to my friends' table which is located far from the guests table. I don't get it why we always choose the farthest table, which I find a table for the losers.haha! I mean on a normal event, the VIPs are seated near the stage and the most very unimportant persons are seated at the back. We always choose to sit at the back. Akala ata namin nasa classroom parin kami eh.haha!



I really had fun seeing my friends again. I mean ang dami namin that time. I see them naman quite some time but you can rarely see us ng madamihan. Some of them ngayon ko lang din ulit nakita after how many months, specially Manoy. Geez I missed that guy! He's the one who speaks less pag madaming tao but when he cracks his jokes, timing na timing and super benta sakin! 

The clowns' show was quite long and I'm already hungry. So I entertained myself by teaching my friends how to be a coolkid and introduced them to snapchat app.hahaha! Nicole and I were already on snapchat and we keep on recruiting our friends because snapchat is for the coolkids!hahaha. 



Then the much awaited part was announced! I heard Margaret called me saying "Krisa pila na kayo sa pagkain!". Nung una pabebe pa kami kasi ang haba ng pila. But then she shouted again "pumila na kayo, bahala kayo maubusan kayo!". Okay go! I had all the foods they served all in my plate (except for the veggies). 

While eating we made kwentos and asaran. Then picture takings after. 









After the party, we decided to do the same old thing we loved to do when we were still gusgusins. Ang tumambay! Can't remember when was the last time we did our last tambay together. I think it was our 2014 Christmas party? Or not. 

Berna, Agnes and Benjie needed to attend their weekly meetings at their church so we've decided to wait for them at Kim's place. How I miss her house!! We often made our tambays there before. It was almost everyday during summer. It was nice seeing Tita Deng again after a long time. She used to cook for us whenever we were there. 

We chitchat chitchat chitchat. We also decided to buy pop pops (it's like a mini firecrackers na binabato then puputok) to kill our time. Too bad wala pang tinitinda that time. 


It was almost 9pm when we were starting to get bored. Nicole, the always KJ-slash-Thunder of the group told us that she's going home. She never change! She's always like that. We decided to go somewhere else. I went home to get Mr. Choi and we went to Brickwood Cafe. It's a perfect timing because they have an acoustic night during Saturdays. It was a nice vibe and they play different songs with ukelele. I love listening to ukelele covers. 

I don't feel like eating that time but I ordered rice meal and a mango smoothie anyway. One of the owners (I think. Because I often see him there) asked us if we want to sing on stage. He told us he'll give us a free nachos if we sing! We were all pointing at Nicole but unfortunately she can sacrifies a bowl nachos for her friends over her shyness. Boo you, Nicole!





Our late dinner there was a little bit long and Berna, Agnes and Benjie weren't still there. It was already 11pm and no one is talking. Dan, who's the only one who's not busy joked "Haay.. ang epekto ng teknolohiya sa aking mga kaibigan!". Then we checked each other and we found ourselves busy with our own gadgets! Sorry about that, dude! Make yourself comfortable and browse your phone too!haha


I checked my twitter and found a post about Exo's first solo concert in Manila. I immediately called Adong who is now based in Qatar to tell her that her favorite group will be having a show here on her birthday! I couldn't contact her at Kakao so I thought she maybe out and doesn't have an access on the net so I decided to call her overseas. I had a funny conversation with my Daddy before that because I asked him to send me a load

 *Flashback*
 Me: Hello Daddy! Narecieve mo yung text ko?
 Daddy: Hello hindi kita marinig 
Me: Hello, paload mo ko 100 
Daddy: Hello, ano? Me: Paload ako! 
Daddy: Ano? Manood? 
Me: Paload!! 
Daddy: Anong manonood? Gabi na! 
(I decided to end the call because there's no point he'll understand what I'm saying.) 
*end of flashback* 



Afer few minutes I received load from Daddy and Berna (I also asked her to send me load. Thanks Berna). I called Adong right after that.

Flashback #2
*Kring kring*
Dawn: Hello!
Me: Adong magcoconcert dito yung Exo sa birthday mo!
Dawn: Hello?
Me: Huy adong! Magcoconcert dito yung Exo sa January 23!
Dawn: Hello! Di ko maintindihan.
Me: Pupunta nga dito yung Exo. May concert sila dito sa birthday mo!
Dawn: Eh? Seryoso?
(She sound not amused)
Me: Adong nakakadisapoint yang reaction mo ah! Gagastos ba ako tumawag ng ganito ko bibiruin lang kita!
Dawn: Eee.. babalik din kami ng Qatar sa Jan 18 eh. 
Me and Nicole: blah blah blah blah...
*end of flashback #2"

After we got full we decided to go home. Still no trace of Berna, Agnes and Benjie. We dropped Nicole at their subdivision and contacted Berna. When we all got together, we decided to stop at Benjie's place and dun nalang kami tumambay until 3am. We make kwentuhans, watched movies, skyped Adong, internet, etc. 


It was nice seeing my friends again! I always tell them that I don't have social life. That I missed that kind of night! How the time flew so fast that we didn't noticed that we now celebrate the next generation of Porjan's birthdays. I really hope we could do this more often. With more of us! 



It was also great to see you again, Kairi! I remember you were very tiny when we first visited you days after you were born. I have that special kurot in my heart the first time I saw you. You look so fragile among the kids of Porjan that it makes me want to protect you. Meganern? But seriously. I am glad to be your Ninang! I ray that God may mold you accodring to what He desires for you as you grow.  Don't be like your mahinhin Mom. Live wildly! Charot.haha! 




IN ALL THINGS,
GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!







No comments:

Post a Comment