Decoding the Author

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

God created us to be a Leader


I was invited by my discipler, Ate Tina, last Friday, July 17, 2015, for our church's Leaders and Potential Leaders' Team Building at CCT Tagaytay Retreat and Training Center. The activity was for the future plan of the Single's ministry to have a retreat this upcoming November. And it is for the whole CCF South Luzon satellite. I was hesitant to say 'Yes' at first because it is going to be a commitment and God knows I hate commitment and responsibilities. I told Ate Tina na ipagppray ko muna siya but in my mind, I almost wanted to say No. But as I always say, God changes people. And that includes me. 


I remember the verse in Mathew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen". I realized that it was such an honor to be chosen as one of the delegates on a Leadership Team Building's ministry. I'm not the only one who got invited from our dgroup. But I'm the youngest (on our dgroup, but I'm second to the youngest out of all the delegates. I think.haha!). Who am I to be chosen to be one of the potential leaders? I don't even have the confidence to talk in public. But God is trying to proved to me that He can use me, a small little creature, for His glory and purposes. There is no reason not to answer God's call. 

CCF Cavite Singles Ministry

And so I said 'Yes' to my discipler. We met at the church at around 7 o'clock in the morning. Christian time. Hindi pwede yung attitude ko na palaging late!haha. And so we left CCF at around 730am at naghintayan on our way because may mga kasama pa kaming sumunod. The trip was just pure eating and chatting. We arrived at CCT Tagaytay at around 8:30 in the morning. The first time I laid my eyes at the venue, I praised God! Such a wonderful view! I wish I could share with you my memories para nakita niyo din kung gano kaganda yung creation ni God. Sorry I was too lazy to take  a picture of the view.haha! 


CCT Tagaytay Panoramic View
(Loser Shot)

It was only 1 day activity so we have to compress everything. We started our activity with a prayer and worship songs. Grabe! Worship song palang sobrang nabless na ko. Kuddos to the worship team! We introduced ourselves to each other. Then after that Kuya Eric (Leader of Caavite singles' ministry) and Ate Abby (Pastor Fred's sister and ever CCF Cavite's bubbly and bibo host) briefed us our activity for the whole day. Then we had breakfast at 9:30 as far as I remember. We had a struggle heading to the dinning area of the place kasi bundok siya. Nasa upper part yung dinning area, nasa baba naman yung Pabilyon where we stayed for our activities. 

That little structure there was the Pabilyon where we stayed. We had to go all the way up during eating time.

We went back to the Pabilyon at 10am. Pastor Fred, CCF Imus' head pastor, told us that he invited himself to have a talk on our retreat.haha! I love listening to him cause he's like a kid and always crack jokes during his  preachings. So his talk started. He discussed about ways of leadership that can help us on our future discipleship walk. Super nablessed and narenew yung heart ko for discipleship. He said that we should always be intentional and focus the leading to Jesus, not on yourself. To focus on our end/goal.  I thought I was doing my job smooth and safely, but God humbled me. Now, after I heard his message, I regained a joyful heart to Honor God and be a Christ committed follower who will make a Christ committed followers (copied from CCF Mission.haha!).

Pastor Fred during his leadership talk
After Pastor Fred's message, Kuya Eric discussed naman about 1 Thesalonians 2:7-12. We shared our thoughts about the verse our leader gave to us. I didn't get the chance to share my thoughts that time (I don't even have the courage to share it.haha) but I'll share it here nalang. The verse for me talks about Christian Leadership. In the very first place, God called us to share, not just to listen. To be a leader, not just a member. Do you have a person whom you look up to? I do. I see myself as a baby christian trying to mature more. It is said in verse 7-8, "Just as a nursing mother cares for her children, so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.".  Well ,just like that person I'm looking up to who patiently and out loved me during my baby walk. I stumble and become disobedient at times, but just  like mothers, they treated me with love and patience. They understand my weaknesses. So in return to that, when the time comes that God needed our service and become a fishers of men, as Christians, we need to be an effective leaders to the next generation of baby christians. Imagine kung hindi naging patient satin yung mga taong yun, where would I be? By the grace of God, I am surrounded by those kind of people.

Christian Leadership


Then after the discussions, we started our team building. They grouped us into 2 and I belonged to the "Simple Team" group. The other group was "Teampetetive". Nagstart kami sa of course, team yell! We danced the "Nae Nae" and the other group was the famous "Pabebe". Our team leader who needs to be blind folded was Kuya Jesse assisted by Kuya PJ and the other group was Kuya Stan assisted by Ate Joan (They're a couple and they're one of my relationship goals.haha!). 

So the game started! Everyone were so stoked and competitive. The first activity had 3 stages. Hindi ko na iisa-isahin kasi nakakastress. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pagod na pagod ako dun kahit wala namang masyadong galaw na kailangan. 

Kuya Eric!!haha




By the end of the game, our group was the last to finish all the stages. But we believe that we are all winners!hahaha. 

After the outdoor games we went back inside and discussed what we learned  from the activity. Super nakakabless siya kasi naconnect yung activity sa lahat ng diniscuss ni Pastor Fred earlier. It wasn't my first time to attend a church team building, but I think this is my first time to attend a REAL team building. My first time kasi was naglaro lang kami, then yun na yun. No further discussions. I was so blessed and amazed na ganito pala siya. I mean, lahat ng activities niyo may discussion in sync sa spiritual walk mo and kay God. Then marerealize mo dun sa activity na yun, "Oo nga no? Ganito nga ko in real life".


After ng nakakapagod na activities, we had our lunch for 30mins. Another struggle nanaman paakyat! The food there was good. During lunch, we had small discussions about God and where we are now on our dgroup discussions. Then we went back at the Pabilyon at 1pm. 

We started another activity again. This time we were all blind folded in one group while holding a rope then we need to form a perfect square. They gave us 30mins to finish the task. At first sobrang ingay. So tahimik nalang kami ng mga kasama ko and waited for the instructions. We came up on a great strategy but unfortunately, after 30mins we didn't formed a perfect sqaure. It was almost perfect but our side was inclined kaya waley!haha. So at the end of that activity, we had the discussion again why we failed the task. And again, I gained another lessons about God and leadership.

Teampetetive

Simpe Team
After the fun activities, meryenda time naman! We had Arozcaldo with unlimited toppings! Super sarap for the super malalmig na weather. We then proceeded to the main event.haha! We discussed about the retreat. Its mission and vission and what are the roles needed. I'm thinking of joining the facilitation team. I really hate speaking but I believe this would help me practice sharing and leading people closer to God. And I will also be part of the promotion/creatives team, I believe God wants me to use my skills in multimedia for this event. And Kuya Jiky, the leader of promotion team told me to join the team. So feeling ko wala narin akong choice nung sinabi niya sakin.haha!

After that, we need to shoot a group pictures and videos for the promotions. Ate May Anne, Ate Sassy, Ate Ten, Ate Porta and I decided to shoot while jumping on the trampoline. It was my first time sa trampoline and I had sooo  much fun!! We also used Kuya Chris' GoPro  and first time ko din gumamit nun so I can't wait to see that!hahaha. After we shoot relaks relaks nalang. Yung iba nagpicture picture. Yung iba they played basketball and harutan sa slides. Ako, nakipaglaro nalang ng tabble tennis kay Kuya Mike. Ayoko ng pinagpapawisan.haha!


Groufie

Ang saya saya!haha
 Of course everything always comes to an end. On the last part, we gathered at the basketball court to wrap everything up. We took pictures again and prayed before leaving.

CCF Cavite Singles Ministry

Kuya Jesse Pose

It was so nice to relax and make christian friends that day! Super dami kong mga first pag kasama ko yung Singles' ministry. I praise God that He finally led me to people that helps me to grow anf draw near closer to Him. It was such an honor to be part of this. Before I decided na lumipat ng church, I was scared dahil wala akong kakilala. I know I have my dgroup family there but I don't have my comfort friends. But I realized that this is not about the people I'm with. It's the God whom I'm with. Before, I thought that I was sincerely walking my christian life. Not until I decided to transfer in CCF. God humbled me here. I gained a seeking heart for God. I learned to be independent in my walk. Mas masarap mag serve pag yung mga kasama mo seeking heart din lahat. Humble kahit mga richkids. They all lift their success to God. They keep it to themselves then si God nalang magrereveal nung success nila sa ibang tao. I pray na sana ma-adopt ko yun.haha!

I really praise God He gave me the strength to be where He placed me now. I only asked God to make me comfortable in CCF once I transfer. But He knows me well than myself. He knows that I'm always bida bida. I always want to get involve in any of events. That's why He place me in the ministry. Haay grabe si Lord! Hindi ko talaga kailangan maghintay pag dating Sayo. You always gave me the best and all the favor. 

I pray that God may empower us and continue to use us in all His will. Sana ma-apply ko lahat ng natutunan ko nung araw na yun sa paglilead ng dgroup. So help me God!!




IN ALL THINGS,
GOD SHOULD ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED!




No comments:

Post a Comment